Friday, December 21, 2012

Empty Cigar Box

While I was out shopping I came across a bunch of empty wooden cigar boxes. I thought they would be something I could use my imagination with. I was full of ideas. I could make pretty jewelry boxes out of them, keepsake boxes, use them for storage...The ideas were limitless. I bought a bunch of them, various sizes, and the first one I really put thought into was one for my sister. Mod Podge, scrap book paper, embellishments, hinges, and knobs..I lined the inside but forgot to take a picture...

The front says "Far Far Away"


2 comments:

  1. Whoa. That is amazing! I've never seen a deco'd cigar box before... I wonder, would old school pencil boxes work too? I totally want to try this. Thanks for the inspiration! Ashley (pinkmudd)-- from Swap-bot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think any wooden box would work well. I used the empty cigar boxes cause they are a bit more sturdy to work with. I know craft stores sell wooden boxes so that's always an option.

    ReplyDelete